Wednesday 4 February 2015

Conceal, don't feel.

 One thing in my make up bag I can't live without is definitely a good concealer. Since starting to wear make up when I was 12 I've been through my fair share of crappy concealers, and so, I thought I would share a few of the best concealers I've come across in the past few years.

 Mac's Pro Longwear 

I'm a firm believer in that paying more doesn't always necessarily mean better quality, and this concealer confirms that. Yes, it does the job, it is a little too dark for my complexion but in general it does a fair job of hiding my dark circles and it stays put for most of the day. However, for the price I paid for it I would expect unicorns to appear and banish my circles with fairy dust, this unfortunately doesn't happy. I would recommend this for people with sallow, oily skin, as it's a little drying. 

 Collection's Lasting Perfection 

This, without a doubt is the best and most reliable concealer I've come across in my 7 years of wearing make up. The cheapest of the three, I see it regularly hyped about in the beauty world and deservedly so. The shade is perfect for my skin tone, it makes my dark circles and blemishes disappear completely while highlighting the areas I want. The only slight bad thing I have to say about it is that it doesn't have the long lasting effect of other concealers, it's always best to carry it with you for touch ups.

Benefit's Erase Paste

This concealer is great for putting on as a base under foundation, but, on it's own, not so great. I find it a little dark and oily on my skin, it creases quite a lot so the less you use the better. But, as I say, if you're looking for something to put under your foundation and bb cream this works a treat.


Yes the title is a Frozen quote, no h8.
Adele x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I currently use the NARS concealer and love it but really want to try the MAC Pro Longwear it sounds fab! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Frozen reference in the title! :) The collection concealer is one of my favourites! x

    http://prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool review, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts ;)

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete

© Adele Lydia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig