Tuesday 6 September 2016

The Beuaty Post - Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Review


Shellac nails have become a huge trend in recent years, and I personally love how they look. However, while they do look amazing and last longer than a normal manicure they can come at a price, a price that I, as a broke student am not willing to pay.

 Having seen and heard a lot about Sally Hansen's 'Miracle Gel' nail polish, I thought I would give it a try for myself. Knowing that I was travelling for three weeks over the Summer I took that as the perfect opportunity to test the product out. 

The product is a part-lacquer part-gel manicure system that claims to last up to two weeks. For just under twenty euro I purchased both the colour and top coat. With a huge range of colours to choose from, I went with a neutral pale pink to play it safe. I applied on both my fingers and toes, two layers of the colour polish to clean nails first and then the top coat over that once dry. The application was straight forward and didn't take long. 

Onto the important part, did it work? I would give this product a big huge 'meh'. It didn't take very long before a couple of small chips appeared, but nothing too major. Admittedly I was travelling around a lot, constantly moving from city to city, walking around, doing activities and lugging suitcases and backpacks with me in the process, so my nails were exposed to quite a bit of labour. With that taken into account I would like to see if the varnish would last longer in a different environment. After about a week and a half I eventually gave in to looking at my miserable chipped nails and picked it all off and bought a new varnish to paint them with for the rest of the holiday.


Overall, I do think the Miracle Gel polish lasts longer than a normal nail polish which I am happy with, but it did not last as long as I had expected and most certainly does not last up to two weeks as it claims to. The product is a good cheaper alternative to shellac nails, but I would not recommend anyone to try it if they are anticipating amazing results from it.

Has anyone else tried this before? What are your thoughts on it? 

Adele x


SHARE:

25 comments

  1. I want to try it.
    Nice review dear.
    http://softcutie.blogspot.com.uy/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shade, I'd love to try it
    Have a fabulous day!
    xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Thanks for sharing!
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love gel nail polish, will have to try this! x

    www.sonias-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I haven't bought this yet, based on your review! I'm glad it lasts longer, but the little chips are concerning!

    Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Beautiful photo!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and beautiful color!!!
    Nicely done review.
    Wish you a beautiful day ...xo xo!!! Jo_

    www.findawaybyjwp.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfection!
    XO,
    Gina || www.artsyrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors!

    xoSE
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/2016/09/diy-makeup-brush-holder.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the honest review! I think I'll skip this one!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been eyeing these are awhile now in stores and haven't seen a review on them until now so this is something to consider purchasing! Thanks for the post :)

    Stacey + thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a shame this didn't work! My sister's friend used Bluesky gel on me & I was so impressed! My nails normally last up to 48 hours but these lasted for a whole week perfectly & the second week was just slight tip wear. They don't seem too expensive either. I'm going to be getting the light & some polishes when I have a little spare money. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! These sound amazing. Hopefully I have some money at the end of the month to get these beauties.
    x Rivania | I love this outfit combination! It is so chic and classic. Great idea!
    x Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great review! I've never tried their products, but now I would love to xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard this a couple of times already - definitely think I'll pass on purchasing. Thanks for the review!

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty colors. Love them :)

    www.maridix.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried it out but again it did last longer than a regular nail polish so because of that I'll maybe try it :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never used the gel, however I use the color all the time. Love your blog lady! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review!! I'm glad I read this before buying - though I was really, really hoping these would last a long, long time. I'm pretty rough on my hands, so at least I know that the chipping is possible now!!

    ReplyDelete

© Adele Lydia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig