Sunday 12 February 2017

The Life Post | Valentines On A Budget


Valentines day can be a stressful time, whether you are single or in a relationship it is easy to get caught up in the idea that Valentines Day is nothing more than a money making scheme and probably best to be avoided. This Valentines day will be my fourth year in a relationship, and it is safe to say the creative juices are most definitely running dry. The pressure of choosing the perfect present kicks in every February and the efforts to make the day perfect ends up being unnecessary stress on top of college, assignments and everything else we have going on. 

   This year myself and my boyfriend decided to set a 20 euro budget and stick to that. As two broke students we feel that we have more important things to save our money towards rather than wasting it on expensive jewelry and overpriced meals. This idea inspired me to make a post on how other couples can save some $$$ this Valentines Day and avoiding the unnecessary hype that surrounds it. 
Here are my tips.


Diy 
Whether it be the card or the present itself, you can save yourself a tonne of money by agreeing to make each other gifts for Valentines Day. Every year myself and my boyfriend make each other cards for certain occasions, and I genuinely look forward to seeing what he comes up with each year. There are so many cute ideas you can find online, so there is no excuse to not doing it. 

Stay In 
The past few years I have gone out for nice meals and drinks with my boyfriend but this year we are definitely going to avoid all of that. Each year we go out and end up waiting in a cold que for half an hour in the hopes of getting a decent table among every other couple in Dublin who is also out celebrating the day. Nothing says romance to me more than a large Dominos pizza and an episode of First Dates, so that is exactly what we will be doing this year. 

Set A Budget 
As an attempt to spend less, agree on a budget with your partner. This way you are guaranteed to save money and neither person will be spending more money than the other.  The budget could be anywhere between a fiver or 100 euro, that is completely up to you and how much money you want to spend. 

Food 
Food is usually the way to most people hearts, and the best part about this is a packet of doughnuts will usually cost you a lot less than a fancy ring or PlayStation game. So buy or make them their favourite treat and you are sure to save yourself some dough, while earning some brownies points at the same time ( that pun was definitely intended).


How will you be spending this Valentines day?

Adele x

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Some great ideas here - a night in with dominos sounds way more appealing to me!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Ideas ! ♥

    xoxo Laura ♥
    http://www.liveitrosy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think small romantic dinenr is a great choice!

    KireiKana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food is definitely the way to my heart atleast! I usually love baking Sugar cookies and decorating them
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally love this post, I'm doing exactly these things with my boyfriend tomorrow as we too are poor students.

    Beckie xo // The Pale Tails

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel Valentines day is over hyped in a way that it's all about spending lot's of money! I think a nice cooked meal is the best way to show your appreciation and it doesn't cost the earth either! :) x
    Jenny | Krystel Couture Morphe 350 & ILEX London Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. bel post!
    Comunque sono passata anche per dirti che ho finalmente ripreso a scrivere sul blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tips. I also believe it can be really nice and thoughtful gestures and not necessarily presents. Have a good one.


    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like brownies scream valentines day! Happy Valentines day!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been much for Valentine's Day because of the money-making scheme you mentioned. I just stayed in and had a nice homecooked meal with quality time afterwards. Just a little fancier dinner than what we might normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas! Hope you had a great Valentines Day x

    www.upyourvlog.com

    ReplyDelete

© Adele Lydia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig